Pages

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Christmas in July, Part Tres!

Continued from the last post...

Since the boxes my mom sent were also from other people, including Joyce and Megan, I'm not quite sure who sent what... but I think Joyce sent the some of the seeds, art supplies and The Week, thank you!

My parents have had to listen to me moan about how cold it is in our municipality (which I'm sure pisses off all the other volunteers in Honduras with their 90-105 degree days sans air conditioning), so they sent an entire box of hoodies, flannel pajamas and fleece... you guys are the best! I'm proudly sporting sweatpants and a fleece lined hoodie as I write this... so much better.

Enough art supplies to outfit an army of child artists... yay!

Aside from the seeds sent by the booster club (all of which will go to the daycare and other community projects), I now have an amazing personal stash of herbs and veggies. The only thing I have to do now is pick up a ton of rocks in the backyard and tier the space for a garden spot this November!

No comments:

Post a Comment