Pages

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Laws of Irony

I'm pretty sure that in order for us to get an invitation, I'm going to have to unpack everything that I packed in preparation for what was originally meant to be an October departure date. In addition getting rid of 90% of our winter clothing- genius, I know; I thought it would be a great idea to pack up things which were not pertinent, including 5 floor to ceiling double packed bookshelves equaling about 25 boxes worth of books.

The laws of irony suggest that once I do this... our invitation will come the next day, yes?
Today is day 575 since turning in our applications, just wondering how quickly can I unpack everything...

6 comments:

  1. Unpack your boxes AND lose your internet connection. Then they'll contact you...
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we may not have to unpack (or lose our internet connection) just yet! Our Placement Officer told us this morning that she's been in contact with the possible program and will "hopefully have a definitive answer by the end of this week" regarding our invitation.
    I am not sure what will happen if the country/program denies us, but I guess we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.
    Everyone, please keep your fingers crossed for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers are still crossed! This is great news. I'll be looking for updates. Still no idea what country/region they are looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kylene! No idea on region/country, but we kind of like the idea of not knowing until we (hopefully) get the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have a good feeling about this week.... :)

    --- Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the surprise will be worth it when it does finally get here! I can't wait to hear. I'll be checking back often so definitely post as soon as you know!

    ReplyDelete